Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A little tongue stretching

Usually when my kids say cute, funny, or silly things I have a habit of forgetting them if I don't repeat them to another person right away. I have forgotten many cute expressions because of my faulty memory. But I did have 2 conversations with Big T that I do remember and I thought they were pretty hilarious.

Both these conversations took place during carpool in the morning on the way to school. I had just finished taking the baby inside the babysitter's house. When I got back into the car our conversation went a little something like this:

Big T: Mommy, I am sorry.

Me: Sorry for what?

Big T: Sorry for sticking my tongue out at you.

Me: When did you do this?

Big T: Just now when you were getting back in the car. You didn't see me?

Me: No, I didn't see you. Why did you stick your tongue out at me?

Big T: (after a moment's hesitation) Weeeeell, I was just stretching it.

It took all I had in me not to laugh out loud at this excuse. I guess I need to give her points for creativity!

The second conversation happened immediately after.

Big T: Mommy, can I run for President?

Me: President of what?

Big T: Of the country, of course.

Me: Of course you can but you have to be much older to be President.

(Then we proceeded to do the math to figure out how many years it would take until she was 35).

Me: Why do you want to be President?

Big T: Because then I can BOSS people around!

Well, there's her personality in a nutshell!

7 comments:

Shira said...

LOL! She sounds like a real trip. Btw, thanks for the encouragement in your edited post.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. I would vote for Big T for president! :)

Orah said...

Cute!

Rach said...

I love T. I miss having her in my carpool so badly. Just the pitch and tone of her voice is priceless- you can't even justly describe it in words

Anonymous said...

T is growing up and you have to love their reasoning on things. Now the fun begins not just with T but with the others also.

Anonymous said...

That sounds so much like T. Your kids always crack me up with the things they say.

Shosh said...

Tongue stretching!Haha. That reminds me of when K was around 4. He pushed another kid on the playground. The teacher asked what happened...and K said, "it's a very windy day, that's probably why he fell down."