Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another side effect of pregnancy

I used to love roller coasters.

I used to love the teacup ride at amusement parks.

I used to love to swing on the swings at parks.



Well, my friends times have changed. Now, I cannot even fly on an airplane without retching into the barf bag! Flying into DC was one of the worst flights I have ever had-and it was not because I was flying alone with an infant. No, she was an angel. It was an hour and twenty minutes of sheer nauseating torture. It was so bad I thought of renting a car and driving 12 hours back to Chicago with a baby by myself.



Yes, the flight was turbulent at the end. But I got nauseous the minute the plane went into the air. I guess it is a holdover from being pregnant-everytime I fly when I am pregnant I throw up. But I am NOT PREGNANT and yet still have motion sickness. It just doesn't seem fair.



At the end of the flight I was actually telling myself things like:

"I had a baby with no drugs, I can do this."

"I had 2 cavities filled with no novicane, I can handle a little nausea."

"If I throw up it's not the end of the world, at least it''s a good story for the blog."

THAT IS HOW BAD I FELT!

I refuse to get back on the plane without drugs. I have some homeopathic motion sickness pills but if that doesn't work, bring on the dramamine. I don't care if I have to give the baby formula. Ok, that's not completely true but I can't feel that sick again. I just can't.



Anyone have the number for Hertz?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um - why would you have cavities filled without novicaine?

Anonymous said...

because I hate the numb feeling afterwards.

Anonymous said...

good luck on your way home! i can't wait to see you. hugs!

Rach said...

Oh my Elisha, that is horrible. And even worse because you were alone! I threw up and fainted on a flight recently, and it was torturous. It feels horrible to be stuck, at least roller coasters are over after a couple of minutes.

Come back soon, we miss you!

Yitzy, Seth said...

Hon, you are the toughest person I know (well, maybe Hulk Hogan, but he's fugly... and a dude). I hope you have a better time on the flight home. At least they let you took the carseat on the plane; maybe that'll happen again. I'll be waiting for you when you arrive, barf or no barf. Arn't I soooo romantic?