Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mazel Tov!

It's a boy!


My husband's brother and his wife had a baby boy yesterday evening. A 9 pound baby boy!


Everyone in the family is super excited, this is the first boy in about 4 years-the last 3 grandkids on my husband's side have been girls. So it's a pretty big deal.


It's also a big deal because it's their first child. I can barely remember what that feels like-when everything is so new and scary-AND you're the one in charge.


Did the baby get enough to eat?

Is the baby's poop supposed to look that color?

Why is the baby crying?

Should I make people wash their hands before they touch the baby?


All thoughts I had when my oldest was born. When M was born a few months ago (the 4th) I didn't really have any of those worries. Caring for a newborn wasn't new. Even though it had been almost 5 years since Little T was born, how to care for a newborn came rushing back. I knew what to do.



I have found that I enjoy the newborn stage (and yes, I HAVE had a difficult/crying all the time baby so I know what that is like) and it goes by so fast. It is hard to be fully present and enjoy that time; when you are worried about how to care for the baby and recovering from childbirth things can be completely overwhelming! But now that my kids are bigger I realize that they are only babies for such a short time. It is so important to savor it and relish it. They get more and more independent and their needs constantly change.


So enjoy your first baby D and E! He is truly a blessing!
Mazel Tov!

4 comments:

Rach said...

mazel tov D&E!

And I agree with the first time baby thing, i wouldn't want to go back to that stage.

Orah said...

Soooooooo nice - hope all is well. And my first was 9 pounds and six ounces - make sure they skip the newborn size and go right to 3-6 months.

Anonymous said...

Tell D&E I said Mazel Tov too! Sheesh, 9 pounds...that is too amazing for words. Hope everyone is well.

chaviva said...

I told Y on shabbos that E had a baby boy. He knows her from the Cheder. He was excited and said he would go say mazal tov to her in the office on Sunday. I laughed and told him she wouldn't be there. You can pass along his well wishes. Thanx.