Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Because I'm at Work

Because I am at work today this Purim is a little different than normal. Usually the husband and I bundle up the kids and go around delivering shaloch manos to everyone in the world that we know (at least it seems that way)! But this year I am teaching (couldn't take off because Pesach is coming up and used up most of my days for maternity leave earlier this year) and so we are taking it easy.


The kids are giving to a few of their friends and their teachers and we will give to whoever comes to our house. Which leads me to the theme of this year's shaloch manos. My original idea didn't work out because it correlated to the kid's costumes which they refused to wear. So scratched that idea. I couldn't face the thought of baking, sooooo the healthy Purim was born. On a paper plate we put an apple, cut up veggies, dip, and a small water bottle. That's it. No cute poems either-just a label that says "Have a happy and HEALTHY Purim" which I convinced/forced my 8 year old to write. And that's it. If I was talented I would have a picture but I don't. I'm at work anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter. I think everyone can picture what it looks like.


I know I have done a lot of joking around about how much I don't like this holiday. It's true it's not my fav, but I would still like to be inspired and feel connected to the spirituality of the day. I feel like that is always the challenge; as a mom I am pulled in so many directions there is not always enough left for my own spiritual needs. Not sure how I am going to manage the inspiration part but I am sure I will hear a nice D'var Torah (word of Torah) at the Seudah (meal).


I hope everyone has a super Purim filled with food and inspiration!

1 comment:

Rach said...

your daughter came over and she was SOO cute. Where did you go for seudah?

and yay, I survived@!

p.s. awsome new template!